Children’s suitcase on wheels – a godsend for parents and an unforgettable gift for a child!
Decided to go on vacation with your little child? We recommended you a great way of helping the kid cope with stress – to buy the best luggage for kids with a funny picture in which your kid can put down his most favorite toys and take them with him on a trip.
The best travel bags for kids are not only a great gift for a child, but also a real god blessing for parents – children’s toys will no longer occupy the useful area of an “adult” suitcase. The presence of wheels and a convenient telescopic handle allows the child to transport their own things, without any harm to their health.
Table of Contents
- List of 10 Best Kids Luggage Reviews
- 1. Stephen Joseph Classic Rolling Luggage
- 2. Skip Hop Kids Luggage with Wheels
- 3. Heys America Travel Tots Kids 2 Pc Luggage Set
- 4. Red Balloon – Kids Travel Luggage
- 5. Disney Pixar Cars Rolling Lightning McQueen Luggage
- 6. Stephen Joseph Character Luggage
- 7. American Tourister Disney 18″ Upright Softside
- 8. Disney Luggage by Heys 18″ Rolling Duffel
- 9. PUQU Monster Truck Design Kids Travel Suitcase Toddler Luggage With Wheels
- 10. Heys Girls’ Hello Kitty 3D Pop Up Spinner
- Traveling With Kids: What You Need to Know about Kids Luggage
List of 10 Best Kids Luggage Reviews
1. Stephen Joseph Classic Rolling Luggage
Your child wants to grow up to be just like mom and dad, so for your next vacation get them some Stephen Joseph Rolling Luggage.
They are just like an adult’s wheeled suitcase but sized just right for little kids, plus way more fun. This design features a sports theme and it is so bright and colorful, you’ll never lose it on the luggage belt. It’s the perfect height for little travelers and has a big main compartment and plenty of pockets to pack all their holiday treats. The Stephen Joseph Rolling Luggage – it’s the best kids luggage for its money!
This suitcase on wheels provides both room for all clothes for that next trip plus it has lots of pockets to store toothbrush and underwear! Have it personalized for him/her and he/she will be so proud!
The inside expands nicely and has several pockets to divide clothing and accessories. The extendable arm does not lock but does get in a position that is secure for almost any small child’s height. The rollers move smooth enough so that a child can pull his/her own suitcase.
- Zip closure
- 30-day manufacturer’s warranty
- Wipe clean
- Several pockets just perfect for snacks and maybe even a tablet
- Multiple pockets for safe-keeping
- Extendable handle for easy rolling
- Ideal height for little travelers
- Approx. 14.5″ x 18″
2. Skip Hop Kids Luggage with Wheels
Thanks to the children’s suitcase “Monkey”, from the American company Skip Hop, traveling for the child will not be tedious. The front pocket is perfect for storing essentials, for example, for documents, snack food or keys. The side mesh pocket is ideal for a bottle of water, and the main compartment will easily put all the necessary things for the vacation.
Practical and high-quality materials of this accessory will be appreciated even by the most demanding parent. The telescopic handle will allow the baby to roll comfortably a suitcase, in case the child is tired, or the child has a barrier, the suitcase can be rearranged due to convenient handles.
- For children from 3 years’ old
- Simple and easy to use
- Extendable handle for easy carrying
- Parents belt
- Mesh pocket for drinks
- Spacious main compartment
- Front compartment with a zipper, with a separator for small items
- The wheels for easy movement
- Eco-friendly, durable, waterproof material
- This item has an extremely strong mothball smell
3. Heys America Travel Tots Kids 2 Pc Luggage Set
Your little tot will be traveling in some seriously cute style with the Heys America Travel Tots Kids Luggage and Backpack!
The Heys America Travel Tots Kids 2 Piece Luggage Set is the perfect travel companion for children. The Travel Tots collection was created by Heys with the unique characteristics of children in mind, incorporating several design features that benefit children.
- Internal trolley handle system.
- Inline skate wheels.
- Each piece has been printed with colorful and vibrant artwork.
- Luggage print is protected by a layer of clear coat which gives it a beautiful glossy shine.
- Design of this case allows the wheels to protrude out keeping the case elevated preventing the bottom from touching the ground.
- The cases are easy for kids to maneuver and zip/unzip and use. It’s a perfect size for them!
- Carry-on approved.
- Not expandable.
4. Red Balloon – Kids Travel Luggage
Your little ones will love this adorable Ladybug! Designed with a sufficient balance of playfulness and function, the Ladybug kids school backpack is perfectly sized for your small child of school-going age, most suitably, between the ages of 3 and 6 years.
The roomy interior provides sufficient space for storing anything from toys, clothes, stationery and other necessities. An inner mesh pocket is an ideal place for neatly organizing your child’s school supplies.
Additionally, the adjustable side mesh pocket provides a convenient place within reach, where juice boxes, cups or water bottles can fit.
And if you are the kind of mom who loves to delight your precious ones with yummy sandwiches for lunch, no need to worry about where to keep them; the durable and cleanable insulated lining is designed for that purpose as well.
- Quality material: top quality child-friendly polyester and durable insulated lining, designed to protect your child’s stuff from the water.
- Sufficient space: the bag has big space to accommodate all your essentials and more: stationery, clothes, lunchbox, water bottle, 14″ laptop. The side mesh pocket and compartment make it easy to organize and use space more efficiently.
- Sturdy and strong: the trolley is made of strong and nicely polished nylon, aided by 2 wheels at the bottom to carry your heavy items around.
- Ergonomic: designed breathable back and woven textile shoulder parent strap, sponge filling of a handle for soft carry.
- It so easy to get a scratch on it.
5. Disney Pixar Cars Rolling Lightning McQueen Luggage
The best lightweight luggage for international travel for little ones who love Lightning McQueen. It is well made, bright with easy-to-use zips.
We had ours personalized but this is only on a small square key ring attached to the case, nothing is written on the case itself! Still lovely but tiny bell chain on letting isn’t very secure so could come unattached easy.
- It has 4 wheels and moves very smoothly.
- It has a couple of zipped compartments for easy placement of things such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Perfect hand luggage size.
- This item has an extremely strong mothball smell.
- It so easy to get a scratch on it.
6. Stephen Joseph Character Luggage
Suitcase Character Rolling Luggage from STEPHEN JOSEPH – a universal solution for traveling with young children. The kid will definitely like it to roll on wheels, holding the telescopic handle. Here is the element of the game, and the element of responsibility: after all, the child is now responsible for his own things!
- Large main compartment.
- External zip pocket.
- Extendable telescopic handle – 60 cm.
- Convenient grip handle.
- Decorate with fancywork and 3-D wings.
- Perfectly cleansed.
- For kids from 3 years old.
- No interior pockets.
- It’s a little flimsy in the handle.
7. American Tourister Disney 18″ Upright Softside
American Tourister is very pleased to unite with some of Disney and Marvel’s most iconic characters to bring you this special PVC-free range of kids’ suitcases.
These Disney, Marvel and Star Wars suitcases will be sure to bring even more excitement to young globetrotters’ journeys
- These suitcases measure 18 inches in height, 12 inches in length, and 7 1/2 inches in width.
- Each of them have a zippered pocket in front for storage, a plastic handle that pulls out of a zippered compartment on top of the suitcase just like many adult suitcases.
- A fabric handles on top for carrying, a mesh pocket on the inside of the top of the suitcase, straps inside the main suitcase compartment that secure your belongings.
- There are also two wheels on the bottom rear and two “feet” on the bottom front.
- The material feels like a medium-thickness and durability and the design on the front of the suitcase is made of shiny plastic.
- The warranty repair centers are few and far one in Vegas and one in Phoenix, if you live in the east valley it’s not comfortable.
8. Disney Luggage by Heys 18″ Rolling Duffel
The front feels like a smooth hard case while the sides are softer like a duffel bag. The extending handle has its own neat little-zippered compartment so it doesn’t get in the way when carrying as a duffel bag (a child can probably manage to pull the handle on the wheels but an adult should probably carry as a duffel bag because it’s a bit large for little hands). There were a few convenient compartments and the interior had a nice lining that matches the princess theme.
- The extra pockets on the side are very handy for smaller items that you don’t want losing in the main bag.
- It has a lots of room.
- The side pockets are pretty small. Not much will fit in those.
- Stuffed to the max it is hard for your little one to manage on their own.
9. PUQU Monster Truck Design Kids Travel Suitcase Toddler Luggage With Wheels
This adorable truck held all of his toys and snacks, change of clothes for flights. It is approved carry-on luggage and easily rolls into the overhead bin. It is sturdy.
It is wear-resistant and waterproof, which makes the suitcase long to use. High-quality strong plastic, four twisting wheels, and a pull-out cable allow you to carry a suitcase-car behind you or play in the race. With a simple and easy movement, you can extend the handle, and roll it on two additional wheels.
Inside there is one large compartment where the child can store and carry his things, toys, and even clothes – if you go on a visit. The suitcase is made in such a way that it fits easily into the upper compartment of the luggage compartment of a standard aircraft.
Stylish toy will not leave your child’s attention on the street, kindergarten or in a supermarket – the boys and girls will equally like it. You can arrange a race or just keep your favorite toys inside.
- Fancy design.
- It has 4 wheels, which makes it easy for him to maneuver around.
- This suitcase doesn’t install braking device, do NOT use it on staircase, escalator, railway platform, swimming pool, inclined surface and where the place is dangerous.
- It’s prohibited to use this product on the road near the vehicle.
- If a kid decides to throw it away it has some chance that suitcase will be broken.
- This product is NOT suitable for the kids under 3 years old.
10. Heys Girls’ Hello Kitty 3D Pop Up Spinner
It is extremely cute and very small. Designed Especially for Kids. The Hello Kitty’ collection was created by Heys with the unique characteristics of children in mind, as it incorporates several design features that benefit children.
This beautiful 3D case features an embossed Hello Kitty graphic with color matching back panel and accents.
The Interior has a uniquely designed Hello Kitty patterned lining that little girls will love. This Hello Kitty 3D Spinner allows more packing space while remaining extremely lightweight.
This allows you to pack everything your child will need but still keeping the overall weight to a minimum.
These spinner wheels bring the convince of our full-sized spinner luggage to a kid-friendly size so they will have no problems maneuvering their suitcase through the airport, saving you unwanted baggage fees while traveling by plane.
- Smaller carry-on size.
- Has a zipper on one side and buckles on the other.
- The case was also designed to remain carry-on approved.
- An attractive design.
- Great for a toddler (3 years old).
- It so easy to get a scratch on it.
- The zipper is very hard to pull.
Traveling With Kids: What You Need to Know about Kids Luggage
This topic extremely is popular with parents who planned a vacation with their little ones. We have answers to the most popular question about kids luggage. Check it out!
Why Every Kid Needs their Own Carry-on Bag
Starting a responsible and interesting process of fees for the future journey, bring your children to it. Let the little travelers feel themselves to be adults and independent, taking an active part in the joint family business. And you can start with a gift to the kid of his own bag for luggage.
It is very simple to do it – many excellent children’s suitcases and backpacks are sold in stores. The variety of models is amazing: here your favorite cartoon characters and movies, and fanciful shapes of animals, and fairy-tale characters. Imagine with what joy and zeal your child will take up the packing of a personal travel suitcase or backpack. And then it will be important to carry luggage at the airport.
How Much Weight Can They Carry?
- A kid’s carry-on bag should be no more than 10-15% of their own bodyweight.
- A 6 years’ kid with weight 50 lbs. can carry-on language between 5-7 lbs.
- A 10 years’ kid with weight 100 lbs. can carry between 10-15 lbs.
- Your bag is going to be lighter even your little angel only takes a few lbs. So, let’s kid be helpful.
Encouraging Kids to Pack and Carry Their Own Luggage
Many babies like to “help” their parents during the gathering – get in a bag, put their toys in a suitcase or, on the contrary, pull out the already folded things.
Such activity should also be encouraged since the child is also involved in the collection process in an accessible and understandable way for himself. Later, after growing up, such children will gladly become little helpers for their parents.
Therefore, do not scold the child for the initiative or think that it only hinders, it is just necessary to be a little more attentive and to support the child’s interest. Older children will gladly join the gatherings, for them, it is an opportunity to prove themselves. Now on sale, there is a huge number of special suitcases for children with different color pictures.
Therefore, if the child is ready physically, you can give him the opportunity to collect his personal suitcase.
Video – Making Travel for Kids Easier
If the child is going to take a suitcase with him/her, you can give him/her the opportunity to pack this suitcase himself. Of course, it is necessary to control what the child is going to take with him/her, in order to avoid packing absolutely unnecessary things on rest.
You can discuss this question with your child in advance, make a list of things. To dissuade follows, explaining the reason why a particular thing should not be taken with you (for example, on vacation this thing is not useful, the same can be bought on the spot and so on). It is important that the child learns to understand what is needed with himself, and what is not needed and for what reasons.
These are not tricky ways which bring up in the child independence. Show that he/she is already old enough and can choose what to bring with him/her.
What Kind of Benefits of Going on a Family Holiday You Will Get
Vacation is a great stimulus for the development of the child. You will be pleasantly surprised how the child will grow up, his/hers speech will improve, social adaptation will accelerate, not to mention about physical development.
The main advantage of family tourism is that it helps to get a powerful connection between kids and parents, gives an opportunity to get to know each other better, and also to see new places and meet new interesting people.
Children perceive travel as an exciting adventure, which always causes them positive emotions. If you plan correctly the entire period of joint rest, then family tourism will be useful for every member of the family.
When the kids in the family are older enough, then traveling abroad with the whole family becomes easier and more convenient.
In any case, it will be ideal if a child from a small age will know the world around him/her not only on television but also in real life. He/she will grow more adapted to life in the wild, will not be afraid of wild animals and unusual people.
What is the Best Way to Have a Kid Carry Their Own Luggage?
When choosing a backpack or a suitcase, evaluate the age and growth of your child, his/her preferences, and hobbies (favorite characters, animals, things, color, etc.). Also, the design for boys and girls will be different. It is important to understand for what purposes you are buying a bag for luggage.
For example, if you are going to spend a family holiday on a ski resort in Austria, it is better to take a more capacious suitcase. And for the weekend trips, there will be enough to take a backpack. Also, consider the conditions of travel: you will not pull a suitcase with you on foot, whereas for a two-week trip to colorful Asia, a normal backpack will not be enough.
Undoubted plus in favor of a backpack – the presence of individual pockets and compartments. They are convenient to lay out things, thus sharing food and clothing, shoes and underwear, etc.
Before buying a kid’s luggage, read the airline’s requirements for the size and weight of hand luggage. And of course, thinking about what to choose, consult your baby.
Your future traveler will help with the decision and, probably, will tell what exactly he/she likes and what he/she wants.
How to Personalize Kids Carry-on Luggage?
A great way to personalize kids luggage is to use luggage tags with their name on them.
This is a fun thing to do in the lead up to a vacation and any fun related to the trip planning can reduce anxiety and lead to more relaxed travel.
Airline Rules for Kids Carry-on Luggage?
Infants under 2 years of age
For your child, you must purchase a ticket that does not provide for a separate seat. This ticket costs about 10% of the cost of a regular ticket. During the flight, the child must sit on the knees of an adult and be fastened with a special belt. Newborns less than 7 days of age must have a medical certificate, allowing the flight.
In case the infant reaches the age of 2 years between round-trip flights specified in the ticket, the child ticket must be issued for the whole route. The discount for infants is no longer applied, the children’s tariff is charged for all segments.
Children from 2 to 11 years’ old
Your child travels in a separate chair at a special children’s fare, which is effective on almost all flights When making an online ticket, the amount of service charge is usually lower.
If your child is younger than 12 years old, and you have booked a separate place for him/her, take a car seat with you on board. Such a seat must be certified for use in air transport and match the dimensions of the seats in aircraft (43 x 43 cm). You need to fix the seat yourself, but our crew will be happy to help you with this. Allowed to use children’s safety devices Cares and LUFTIKID.
In the salons of all classes on long-duration flights, as well as in the business class on the intra-European flights, we offer special cribs for babies. They are provided only for children under the age of 8 months and weighing up to 11 kg. The number of beds is limited, so please contact our service center in advance.
You can take the collapsible stroller with you to the plane. A corresponding label will be issued at the front desk. Depending on the destination, you will receive a stroller after leaving the airplane or from the luggage conveyor. Multi-purpose strollers must be checked in.
Where is the best place to take kids on vacation?
Vacation with a child under 3 years: a quiet resort
For relaxation with kids who are accustomed to a measured lifestyle, the sea resort is most suitable. Such babies do not need a lot of impressions yet – they need a good sleep, food and long walks in the fresh air.
Therefore, a suitable option for recreation with children will be a trip to those countries where the beach resting industry is well developed: Greece, Croatia, Egypt. Infants on breastfeeding are not afraid and longer flights – for example, in Thailand or the UAE.
Vacation with a child of 4-6 years: the first excursions
Traveling with preschoolers, on the one hand, provides for a broader entertainment program, on the other – long excursions have yet to be postponed. Recreational rest by the sea is still good, but it is advisable to choose routes with a short transfer. At the same time with children 4-6 years of age, it is convenient to relax in countries where the all-inclusive system is widely used.
Vacation with a child of 7-10 years: museums and parks
Schoolchildren are excellent companions on the trip. They are able to occupy themselves during a long flight, do not need special food and daytime sleep, but are able to share the passions of their parents. Even if you have a rest at the sea, think about a rich excursion and entertainment program: children at this age quickly get bored with sameness.
Particularly ample opportunities for fascinating recreation is provided by Europe. To visit large amusement parks such as Disneyland Paris in France or Europa-Park in Germany, even adults are dreaming – what can we say about children? No less interesting and theme parks “LEGOLAND”.
But in ordinary museums boredom does not reign for a long time, experiments and adventures are waiting for children there. Depending on the hobbies of the child, visit with him/her in the technical or historical museum, the museum of natural sciences, and even look in unusual places: museums of sweets or fairy tales.
Vacation with a teenager: no limits mode
But the vacation with teenagers does not have any restrictions. With them, you cannot avoid lively places, attend music festivals and sports competitions, plan extreme entertainment, and explore the largest museums. Perhaps some of the ideas on how to spend time will come from your adult child.