Swing sets for older kids may be a good deal of fun for children and keep them occupied for hours outside, but it seems like there are not plenty of fine swing sets for larger kids. You are able to find plenty of different swing sets and play places for younger kids but if you’d like the best swing set for older children you want to locate one that is high quality and sturdy that will hold the weight of larger kids.
Just because your children are older does not mean that they can’t have fun swinging and playing in their own backyard. If you’re seeking a swing set for an older child (age 7 or older) check out my recommendations for the best swing sets for older children.
Table of Contents
- List of 7 Best Swing Sets For Older Kids
- 1. Backyard Discovery Prairie Ridge All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set
- 2. Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set with 9 Foot Wavy Slide
- 3. Lifetime 10 Foot A-Frame Swing Set
- 4. Swing-n-slide Pb 8272-ty Grandview Twist Deluxe Play Set
- 5. Step2 Naturally Playhouse Climber & Swing Set
- 6. Lifetime Big Stuff Adventure Play Set
- 7. Kids Adventure Swing Set
List of 7 Best Swing Sets For Older Kids
1. Backyard Discovery Prairie Ridge All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set
The Prairie Ridge is a full-featured cedar swing set with monkey bars your kids will love for ages. They’ll have hours of vibrant fun climbing the routine ladder to the top deck or crossing the monkey bars, then zipping the 8 down ′ Super Safe Speedy Slide. Swinging on the swing set and enjoying on the covered upper deck will make for great summer memories. Out on the swing beam, there are two belt swings plus a two-person glider for hours of swinging fun.
There’s an overlooking window top for maximum high-level fun plus a window below with built-in bench. When it’s time to cool down, the built-in sandbox will let your youngster’s imagination wander.
2. Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set with 9 Foot Wavy Slide
Lifetime Monkey Bar is the ideal swing place for older children to get a recreational center or college. The swing set is assembled with galvanized powder coated steel and higher density polyethylene to guarantee durabilityand strength as it’s going to be utilized by strong children. The Swing Set includes 3 belt swings and one trapeze bar with fitness center rings and all of them have rubber grips to protect your kid’s hands from getting pinched.
The alloy swing sets for older children also come with a smooth and colorful 9′ wavy slide, monkey bars and a fireman’s pole to supply hours of fun. This swing is freestanding and certainly will require no cement for stability and it has a lifetime warranty because its powder-coated to protect against rust, fading, discoloration and overheating.
3. Lifetime 10 Foot A-Frame Swing Set
If you are interested in finding more of a fundamental swing set for your older children that’s durable and on the cheaper side, have a look at this steel rod swing set. This great if you are on a budget and can not afford one of those larger, more expensive sets. This set comes with two heavy-duty swings and then a rubberized steel trapeze bar. This might be a simple swing set but you are paying for an excellent quality pair that will hold bigger kids rather than a inexpensive set that will not hold over 100 pounds.
Everything you get with this particular set is the”heavy duty” part that’s necessary for older children. If you want just someplace your kids can swing then this may be the best option. It also works great for people who might not have a massive backyard too. This is definitely a swing set that will last quite a few years and younger kids can use the swings and it may grow along with your family.
4. Swing-n-slide Pb 8272-ty Grandview Twist Deluxe Play Set
Swing-N-Slide ensures that they have your child’s safety in mind when creating their swing set. Every swingset is analyzed by them, then goes through the evaluation process again and again until the company is ensured that all aspects of the swing set is safe for play. The Grandview Twist Deluxe Contains 2 Slides, Two Swings, Glider, Rock Wall and Monkey Bars, together with the turbo slide being yellow and the sidewinder slide being a nice color of blue.
The total dimensions of the swing set are 251 inches in length, 136 inches in breadth and 123 inches in length. In general, the playground equipment weights approximately 574 lbs. So, even if your garden isn’t that big, this must fit in perfectly so long as you do not allow your tree branches loom within the equipment. According to the company, both the turbo slide and the winder slide get special treatment as they aren’t only made in U.S.A but also have a lifetime warranty against any type of cracks.
The manual instructions are complemented by all areas of the swing set.The instructions are exemplified in detail so that a parent should not have any issue building it. However, as mentioned previously, it’s best for those who take advice from a specialist. According to clients, assembling the set is really really easy, though it may take a while for first timers to find it out. The various plays available in the set shouldn’t have any problem in maintaining both your child and their friends occupied for a long time period. As far as swing sets for older kids go, this is one of the most liked ones.
5. Step2 Naturally Playhouse Climber & Swing Set
A fantastic swing set with flexible height making it the ideal size for a toddler or kids around eight years old. Made of durable, BPA-free plastic, it has a dual-level playhouse, swings, and a small ladder. It’s ideal for elementary school-aged kids to practice their motor skills and balance.
6. Lifetime Big Stuff Adventure Play Set
This heavy duty metal swing determined by Lifetime is my best recommendation for older kids. It has a seriously large fun factor with all the tasks they have packed on this unit, it’s strong, and is constructed to last, well, a life! If you aren’t sold just by the picture alone, here are some finer details about why it is worth the investment:
- It’s heavy duty steel construction, sized for and aimed at youngsters aged 3-12, also can be FREE STANDING. Yes, so it doesn’t have to be cemented into the floor, but it is going to handle all kinds of crazy play without moving around. Reviewers claim that even adults may swing on it with no budging!
- It comes with a 9 foot wavy slide, 2 swings, 1 rubberized trapeze bar with rings, a 3D climbing wall (scale either side), a cargo net, propeller/standing swing (underneath), a captain’s wheel, a ladder, and an activity board… plenty to keep your kids occupied for hours!
- It’s built from high quality materials which are durable, weather-resistant, and rust-resistant, and which are designed not to warp, rot, crack, or splinter (such as all wooden ones will, finally ). What that means for you is that you’ve got ZERO maintenance that you’ll want to do on this set over time!
- Though its metal, it’s still designed with safety in mind: there are plastic caps on the hard edges and soft rubber grips on swing chains
- There’s a 5 year limited warranty from the manufacturer so that you can trust that your purchase will have the ability to be appreciated for quite a while!
- This is a very fantastic quality heavy duty swing set that older kids will really appreciate. Although it is not a budget favorite, I think it’s one purchase that you won’t repent.
7. Kids Adventure Swing Set
This multi-purpose swing has all the essentials for your kids to have a fantastic play outside in the back garden and contains 5 main features, ranging from 3 swings, a ladder, crow’s nest, slide and one trapeze bar with gym bands. Designed for security with no hard edges that are rounded or covered with plastic caps prevent pinching, it is very safe for older children. The Top beam is safe and secure with 5 years guarantee, which permits the largest kids (your self ) to play without worrying about it falling.
This really is a sturdy construction and quite easy to assemble, it is only a matter of spending the afternoon with the sun shining and having the kids watch for some time in anticipation. This lovely swing set includes two swings and allows kids to play on it at precisely the same time, which saves those undesirable quarrels and unnecessary disagreements of who’s to go first. The glider with this product is loads of fun and again is for two kids to love together and will add to the energetic fun.
If it comes to which one is the best swing set for older kids, you can’t go wrong with any of those sets mentioned previously. It all depends on how much money you have to spend, how much space you have in your backyard as well as how many kids you’ve got and what they might enjoy the best.
If you’d like a very simple swing set as opposed to a playhouse, I’d go with the Lifetime Monkey Bar Swing Set and to get a cool playground system in your own backyard, the Gorilla Sets Treasure Trove can’t be overcome. Just be sure to consider what may be the very best swing set for a 10 year old may not be the best for a younger kid, so keep that in mind in case you’ve got more than one kid who may use the play collection.